Saturday, August 8, 2009

A New Journey Begins

At 3:27AM Saturday August 8, 2009, angels appeared at Pemberton Avenue in Jamestown and whisked Martha off to tend to the beautiful gardens in Heaven. The current residents there now have more to celebrate as they welcome Martha to grow new roses and plumeria and butterfly bushes. Although those of us left on this planet are faced with the grief and sadness of her moving on, we shall delight in taking care of the flower gardens she has left behind, giving us hands-on experience so that we can assist her when it is our turn to join her once again.

Martha Coburn Clarke Kinnecom
September 4, 1958 - August 8, 2009
Living between the Heavenly sunshine and flowers......

6 comments:

The Honeymooners-Chris and Noelani K. Miranda said...

We see her face in every flower and I think she started painting silver linings on the clouds again. Love to all the Kinnecom/Clarke Family, may Martha's spirit restore the joy in your hearts.

Anonymous said...

Today I said a prayer in church for Martha's safe journey to heaven. When I close my eyes, I can almost see her holding hands with angels, as she is taken to her new home. May God wrap His tender-loving arms around you all through this painful and sorrowful time. Please try to find comfort in knowing that you were blessed to know and be loved by such a special lady during the time she was allowed to be here. You were fortunate to be apart of such a brave lady's journey, and put it out there for everyone to see and read. Through this ugly, ugly disease - she taught you all to be brave. My heart goes out to you all, Lea.

Unknown said...

My thoughts are with you all at this time. Hopefully Martha and Mary will meet soon.With sincere sympathy Lilly.

Unknown said...

I have followed Martha's journey and am saddened to see she has lost her battle. We have another angel in heaven fighting for those left behind. You and the family have my deepest sympathy.

Judy Carson

Unknown said...

Martha was a good friend while she worked at Ringling. I treasured our talks and hugs in the back room of her little abode. She loved her family and her girls were the light of her life. May she shine down on you all, Rest in Peace Martha.
Fran

Ellen and Tim said...

I have a garden here at the Inn which is filled with a lot of Martha's flowers from Badin. I cherish each and every one of them because they were given to me by Martha and are as beautiful as she. They are a constant reminder to me of Martha's loving spirit. I know that her sister is rejoicing with her company on the other side. Blessings to you all at this time.