Monday, September 14, 2009

Walk to Break the Silence 2009

Saturday Katie and I went to the National Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month run/walk in South Boston. It was the most beautiful 5K I have ever participated in. There was a wave of turquoise and so many people supporting the cause. Unfortunately the supporters significantly out numbered the survivors. Everyone had a great attitude and it was so awesome to see so many people (I have no idea how many) come together to fight against this nasty disease. The course was all along the waterfront and there was a nice breeze. There was even a Chowda van from Legal Seafoods dishing out chowder to the participants at the end of the event! Jake, Katie's dog huffed it with her and stretched out in the backseat of the car on the way home.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wish I could have been there to walk it with you! But I would have been passed out in the back seat too! Fighting for leg room with the pup! Hugs ladies. Great job!

MMW said...

Awesome Job girls! I did the walk in Chicago in May by our beautiful Lake front (lake michigan). I too was impressed at the number of supporters. We took a picture of the survivors and I will be there next May again with my family. :)